Job Opportunities That are the Talk of the Town.
talkStrategy is a full-service, integrated communications agency based in San Antonio. We’re more than just service providers. We’re trusted advisors and passionate advocates for our clients. Partnership is not a word we take lightly—we seek mutually beneficial agency-client partnerships that support lasting relationships, and we seek employee partnerships where we each bring the best of ourselves and a desire to do truly smart work.
There are no open positions at the moment. Please check back soon.
talkStrategy is seeking an Account Executive who thrives in, and can be a beacon of calm, within a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate is an exemplary communicator able to handle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines simultaneously. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to the account team with an eye for strategic thinking and ideation.
If you are a person who thrives in the details but can see the big picture; embraces process but can bring fresh thinking; is an independent and creative problem-solver, with a true collaborative spirit, please apply. The primary role of this position is to support the account service team with day-to-day account management, public relations, project creation and tracking. This is a client-facing role, so relationship-building and communication skills are vital.
What to expect day-to-day:
- Tracking the status of client jobs and tasks within the agency
- Deftly managing spreadsheets, drafting memos, updating regular status documents, or other account documentation
- Coordinating internal meetings, vendor/partner, or client meetings
- Writing and editing professional communications materials
- Collaborating with clients and coworkers to generate original and impactful ideas
- Bringing a proactive attitude and outlook to all work
What to expect holistically:
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance for primary employee
- A highly integrated and collaborative team
- 2/3 Office/remote hybrid work environment
- 104 hours for vacation, sick and personal days year one, increasing annually to 184 hours at year five
- 9 standard holidays, plus agency closure the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Mobile phone and parking subsidies
- Ongoing one-on-one coaching by direct supervisor focused on personal career growth
- Our Values:
- Be Collaborative
- Be Inspired
- Be Kind
- Be Strategic
- Have fun, seriously
If this sounds like you, send your resume, and cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Work samples and assignment completion will be requested as part of the interview process.
Digital Media Executive
talkStrategy is looking for a Digital Media Executive who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment, looks at social and digital media as one, and has an agile and adventurous approach to help guide future adoption of new technologies. The minimum experience for a candidate is four years of digital media campaign management, with an emphasis in strategy development, paid media advertising (digital and social), social community management and content creation. Candidates must have a thorough understanding of the marketing ecosystem, online consumer behavior, the ability to guide digital strategy, paid digital channels (primarily the Google Display Network and Facebook Business Manager), strategic budget management, and be able to produce metrics reporting along with analysis and insights to assess success against goals.
Qualified candidates should send resumes and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
- Strategize, plan, and execute engaging and effective paid digital media (inclusive of social and email marketing) campaigns to meet the client objectives on-time and on-budget
- Manage multiple paid digital campaigns simultaneously including monitoring, optimizing and reporting of performance metrics using Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Ads and Google Data Studio
- Create and manage client digital profiles and accounts, including but not limited to: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google My Business, Mailchimp, YouTube, Yelp, Tripadvisor, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit and Instagram
- As a valued member of the digital department: inspire peers, elevate thinking, exceed expectations, evolve feedback
- Produce strategic, engaging, and shareable digital media content strategies tailored to specific networks, audiences, and brands
- Manage multiple social media communities including monitoring customer service/audience interactions on various platforms on behalf of clients in a timely and professional manner
- Monitor website performance and work with web teams to optimize client websites according to insights
- Develop, manage and execute email marketing campaigns including content strategy, cadence, list management, and performance
- Stay abreast of digital media trends and items/initiatives pertinent to each client’s industry and competitors
- Collaborate fully with internal colleagues to achieve campaign integration, including digital, creative, marketing, public relations and crisis relations
- Embrace talkStrategy values to be: collaborative, brilliant, empowering, kind, and honorable
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least four years of digital marketing campaign experience
- Extensive knowledge and recent experience (within the past 2 years) executing paid advertising on Google Display Network and Facebook Ads Manager
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, Business or in a similar field
- Knowledge of marketing campaigns, content creation and digital platforms in the public space is essential to this role
- Exceptional communication and creative thinking skills, with an ability to use data, industry best-practices, experience, and intuition to inform decisions
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain excellent organizational skills
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Collaborative spirit with drive to create smart work, meet brand objectives, and serve client needs graciously
- Some weekends, off-hour/on-call work and travel may be required
- Agency or corporate communications experience
- Experience with Mailchimp, WordPress, Sprout Social, Asana, Slack
- Facebook Blueprint Certification in at least one of the following: Digital Marketing, Media Buying, Media Planning
- Hootsuite Certification in Social Marketing and Advanced Social Marketing
- Certifications in Google Ads Search and Google Ads
- Website development experience is a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus
talkStrategy is seeking an experienced Account Executive who thrives in, and can be a beacon of calm, within a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate is an exemplary communicator able to handle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines simultaneously. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to the account team with an eye for strategic thinking and ideation within an omni-channel model. Tacticians need not apply. This role requires a smart, strategic thinker who knows their way around multi-faceted, sophisticated, integrated comms plans and campaigns.
If you are a person who thrives in the details but can see the big picture; embraces process but can bring fresh thinking; is an independent and creative problem-solver, with a true collaborative spirit, please apply. The primary role of this position is to support the account service team with day-to-day account management, public relations, project creation and tracking. This is a client-facing role, so relationship-building and communication skills are a must.
Qualified candidates should be able to:
- Track the status of jobs and tasks of assigned agency client projects
- Work extensively within the Asana platform to track your many tasks and projects happening at any given time. This volume may number in the hundreds at times
- Set up and maintain jobs within Asana, opening projects and tasks, breaking larger deliverables into skill-set tasks, setting internal deadlines, tracking and updating progress, and managing deadlines to client delivery
- Update spreadsheets, draft memos, update regular status documents, or other account maintenance documentation
- Coordinate and execute internal meetings, vendor/partner, or client meetings
- Write and edit communications materials including messaging documents, press releases, media advisories, blogs, byline articles and website copy
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relationships
- Prepare cost estimates and manage client/project budgets
- Monitor trends and communications best practices to effectively integrate into client strategy
- Seamlessly integrate digital, social and emerging channels into communications strategies and activations
- Collaborate with clients and coworkers to generate original and impactful ideas
- Organize and execute client events including press conferences, media events, etc.
- Consult with clients regarding communications needs, providing best-practice communications and public relations/public affairs expertise and guidance
- Participate in new business development and presentations
- Maintain a highly organized workflow adhering to agency processes and protocol
- Bring a proactive attitude and outlook to all work
- Understand how marketing and communication campaigns function, how content and assets are utilized across various mediums and platforms, and have an informed understanding of how they are created
- Excellent and fearless communicator able to negotiate and navigate workflow conversations while maintaining empathy and collaborative spirit
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and an awareness of and ability to work with and motivate a variety of personalities
- Strong writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Amazing attention to detail
- Fast-learning, extremely organized thinker able to quickly assess task progress and barriers
- Non-linear thinker able to juggle multiple conversations and conflicting priorities at once.
- Critical thinker with the ability to broker solutions and resolutions with teams, largely without supervisor intervention
- Ability to think proactively, combining current assessments and historical knowledge to forecast hurdles or other success barriers
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to capture meeting notes then quickly synthesize them into summaries and reports within 24 hours
- Ability to take in and utilize new information rapidly and consistently.
- Decentralized reporting — this role serves many, works with all
- Composure under pressure with a side of patience.
- Programs and software:
- MS Office suite including Outlook and Teams
- Google Drive including Docs, Sheet, and Slides
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university (preferably in marketing, advertising, journalism, communications, or related field)
- Minimum 4 years experience in marketing communications, integrated marketing, or public relations (preferably in an agency environment)
- Understanding of marketing program development and implementation
- Understanding of communications platforms, content units and formats
- Flexibility to understand and apply new media, content formats, specs, and more in a continuous learning process
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Detailed oriented, self-motivated professional
- Positive attitude, team player and all-around ideator
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities
Send resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Work samples and assignment completion will be requested as part of the interview process.